Final Stamp Design

My Final Stamp Print
My Final Stamp Print
To first start off I originally had a overall layout of how my stamp would preferably look like. Then we had the assignment to make a list of words that described us in the best way. The assignment really changed the meaning of my stamp, tremendously. I was first going to write my name in a type of font and put things around it, but then I realized there is one overall thing that I am about. That is cooking and the word that stood out for that was "skillful". So I tweaked my whole stamp and dumbed it down to a chef's hat with my initials on each side of it. I now believe that this is something I could have for my own future business I wish to build from the ground and up. 
The assignment was to create a printmaking stamp through positive and negative space. The final design, after I decided to not do the one before that, was brought up to show how clear my vision of me will be in the future.
The importance of negative and positive space is to show how a focus of a drawing can be complemented with a single or more background in a picture. In my drawing the complement of the background space suits it well and leaves a wide range of thought to the stamp itself.
Understanding the principles of this type of art is truly significant to all other art, I see now. If a or multiple focus and background are present the picture is showing negative and positive space. I got stuck around making sure my stamp didn't look my vision I intended. I learned to make sure your art looks like how you want it to, so your vision isn't confused with something that you dislike or didn't want. This can go far in the art world of negative and positive printmaking.