Final Stamp Design

IMG_20170608_084643_437-02
IMG_20170608_084643_437-02
The name of my element is Chromium and it's Atomic Number is 24. It was first discovered by Louis-Nicholas Vauquelin in 1797.  While experimenting on something called Siberian red lead (crocoite), he mixed it with hydrochloric acid to create Chromium.  Chromium's main use is for making vehicle parts for cars and bicycles.  It's most interesting use, however, is that it's used in the making of many pigments.  A form of Chromium was also used on Terracotta Warrior's weapons to keep them from rusting.
The reason I chose to make my stamp resemble a pile of pigment was because that use of Chromium was so interesting to me.  Making a car or bike stamp seemed too boring to me and making a pigment pile was rather simplistic to draw so I decided to go with the second idea.  Then I had to make a final design on another piece of paper, which would be used to trace onto a piece of foam (it's easy to create divots in it so when painted over lines will appear) which would be used for the actual stamp.  During the  process I had to redraw it because it was too small and I never got a really smooth looking print so that was a bit annoying.
If I could do the print all over again, I would probably make the design a bit more complex.  After finishing this project, and looking at everybody else's, it made me think I did too little.  I would also probably want to try making the prints again.  The prints all had some imperfection about them and were never covered completely in a smooth layer of red paint.  It was all rather problematic to me.  What I DID enjoy about the project was creating the designs for the print. It was fun to make creative ways to convey what your element was.