Final Stamp Design

17 - 1
17 - 1
The reason the Stamp symbolizes me, is mainly because of the two things inside the ring, the sparrow and the pencil it is holding.  I chose to use the sparrow because birds are my favorite type of animal and that they typically represent freedom.  But I chose the pencil because it represents most of what I love, drawing.  Put them together and you could say it represents the freedom of drawing whatever I want.  
The first step of this project was to choose three things that represent me.  The first two I chose were, of course, drawing and freedom, but the last one was a little bit more subtle.  It was being a perfectionist.  That's why I wanted to make the stamp look as professional as possible, making it take a little bit longer than expected.
Negative and Positive Space are very important to making a picture pop and making it more noticeable.  I thought I used this very well because the colors contrast from each other so much.  Throughout the creation, I got stuck a couple of times.  The most notable point was when I accidently cut through the ring.  I had to think fast, so I decided to just redo the ring all over again.  
Before this project, I didn't really know or at least remember anything about Negative and Positive Space.  But now I know how truly important these techniques are both in drawing and photography.