Food Benchmark

Tbs of seasoning salt 

1 pound of boneless chicken breast 

1 box of of colorful whole grain rotoni noodles

I pound of grated cheese

I bag of of raw spinach 

2 tomatoes 

2 bottles of Italian dressing 

Directions 

First grill marinate and season the chicken

Next you grill chicken until a crisp at this time you should have your noodles boiling 

Once your noodles and chicken are done you chop the chicken and mix the noodles 

Next you chop the tomatoes and break the spinach

Then you add in the cheese spinach and tomatoes 

After the ingredients are mixed and blended together add all the Italian dressing. 

Place in the fridge to cool 

Analysis 

Although this isnt the most healthy thing on the menu it is isn't the worst thing you could eat. The Italian dressing is the thing that makes it very fattening. Overall there are 23 grams of protein 13 grams of fat and 9 grams of sugar. This is a meal that you could eat everyday. As long as the serving size was propionate and not very big. It is a meal that is not the worst thing to eat on the menu. 

This dish is a process on a certain reason. After you cook the chicken and the noodles it is a piece of cake. It isn't something to really stress over. Most of the items in the dish are not organically made. Although it deeply depend on what you buy. You could get free range chicken even though it is really expensive. and you could also get freshly picked tomatoes and spinach like I did. Although the cheese and Italian dressing really is what makes the dish chemically preserved. This is something that is not really healthy for the environment at all. 

This is not an expensive dish to make all in all I think I spent some where around 15 dollars getting everything that includes the dish I served it in. I am not to sure about all the regulations and how my meal is regulated. All the companies that make the things I used like Nature valley that makes the dressing and the company that makes the grain into the noodles they make the most profit off of it. Considering that they are doing all they can to make sure that they keep as much money as possible to keep in their pockets they do get  a maximum profit. 

None of the ingredients are made in philadelphia or even Pennsylvania it is really expensive to ship those sort of product here and transportation uses gas. If I could make this dish a little more healthier I think I could find an alternative to italian. I used fresh spinach and tomatoes. I did everything that could be done as far as to make this dish healthy. I didn't fry the chicken and used whole grain noodles. Overall I think that this is a good choice. 

This unit I learned about how to take care of my body. The more risk there are the more I know that I need to pay more attention to what I eat. I learned what nutritions there are and that my family has a real play in what happens to me in the future. I definitely know more now than I knew then. 

I know that my biggest problem personally in the food system is that I do not pay enough attention to the labels and what is going on. I think that there is something wrong with the fact that they kind of hide it from us. I think that we do not pay enough attention to what it is going on. It almost makes it impossible for us to understand certain things that are on the label. For those of us who have not been properly informed and would like to eat healthier it makes us seem as though that what those people think are healthy are actually not. I know some better personal choices are to definitely to eat way more fruits and veggies. I think that is my bigger problem I am not all that into sweets and candies.  I know that this will be some of the best things for me and my body. My things will make me better as a person and healthier. I need to take care of my body I only have one and this unit has made it very clear for me.