For Futuristic gain

Doing this video gave me a new insight about my mom. It helped me re-evaluate what I'm grateful for and why. I had fun creating this project. I learned something new. Maybe you can too.
My mother and I never talk about much so this was a nice way to connect her. Her story fit right in with the topic as well. She crossed social boundaries by going to a new place and fitting in whilst being different. It was cool to hear her story. Hope you enjoy.

Reflection-

To start off, I rather enjoyed this project. I got to learn new things about my mother. And she did really well of being her natural, funny self. The editing process (even though it was said to be hard) went pretty smooth as well. I must admit that it does not meet the time requirement by two minutes. However, I feel that I have the quality that most of the longer timed podcasts have. I liked how it wrapped up, and I really appreciated what my mother had to say. It was strong and empowering, and I was inspired by her. It stayed on the general topic of crossing boundaries. The over all process went okay, even though for about three days I had to wait on my mother. She isn’t to blame however, I’m the responsible one. It was getting down to the wire. Major crunch time. It wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle, but I don’t necessarily like to be in spots like that. I like the calm feeling that the podcast has and I don’t think I over did anything. Maybe my music could have been a problem, I’m not too sure. It all depends on the reader. I don’t think I asked to many questions, I just let it flow. One thing to I noticed is how my mom begins sentences with transition words even without being asked a question. I added them in later.  Getting back on topic, I think I did well. Not perfect. But well.

VYarbrough_SilverPodcast2012_Social_GeoBoundaries