Gina Dukes- Egypt vs. Thailand 'Collapse'ibility Q3 BM

• My countries- Egypt and Thailand

The two countries that I selected were very interesting because they both posses a rich cultural history and are currently growing economically due to similar features such as tourism. Strikingly, just as they share the same characteristics of countries that are expanding their financial and political power, they both suffer from the same environmental challenges such as water shortages, pollution, and drought. Luckily, the two countries have the advantage of having many friendly trade partners. Overall, through research I've concluded that both countries are relatively stable and aren't in danger of collapsing.

• My process was extremely scattered, and if I could do it over again I would definitely not procrastinate. I would say that researching Thailand for the Wordpress project, prepared me a great deal for this benchmark and made the process a bit easier.  

• I felt that the 5 point framework was actually easily applied to my two countries. Because I have a good understanding of the framework, and I chose countries in which there was a wealth of information to research, I was able to find many connections that could be used to explore Jared Diamond's 5-point framework.

• I loved exploring these different countries and found this project to be an exciting opportunity to learn more about my election country, and a beautiful country (Thailand) that I may have otherwise not have done.