Henninger Conversation, Post 4

Before

•  What will be your topic of conversation be? 

La tomitina y San fermines.

•  What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?

- Do you know what La tomitina is?

- Do you know what San fermines is?

- Have you ever been to either of them?

- What kind of people go?

- What is the atmosphere of the event?

•  What are you looking forward to about this conversation? 

I'm looking forward to learning about these events from a local. It will be interesting because from what I know these are mostly tourists events. 

•  What are you nervous about? 

I'm nervous about finding someone who has attended these events or even knows what they are. 

After:

• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person? 

I spoke to Antonio, 19, from Spain. I didn't choose to talk to him. He started a conversation and it worked out. 

• What did you learn about them? 

I learned that he is a student and he knows of these events but has never attended. He wants to go but he can't afford it. 

• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal? 

It helped me because I learned about these events and Antonio also helped me with my grammar a little bit. It helped become a better spanish speaker in general. 

• What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? 

I learned about la tomitina and san fermines. 

• What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again) 

I should make sure I check my grammar before I send a message. I continue to make simple and silly  mistakes.