Home Network Payson McConnell

1. Explain your L.A.N. Local Area Network - all the devices on your internet connection.

I get my connection to the internet through my ISP. My ISP is Verizon. They send the connection to me through a fiber optic cable that  connects to my combination router/modem. I have 7 devices wirelessly connected to it. The devices connected are: a PS4, a Macbook, an iPad, and 4 iPhones.

2. Reflect on what you learned about networks, did you have an OMG moment that you learned something new and interesting? If not, write about what you learned.

Before this class, I didn’t know what all of the different parts of a network were called. It is cool that even though I couldn’t fix a major network problem, I will still have an idea of what is going on.

3. What would you tell other people that they need to know about having an ISP/Home network?

Make sure that you are familiar with the parts of a network so that an ISP won’t take advantage of you and make you pay for things that you don’t need.

Elliot Snyder (Student 2021)
Elliot Snyder

I notice that you learned about your home network from this assignment. I wonder if there is still more stuff that you could possibly learn about your home network. What if there was a even cheaper solution?