Humanities Final Portfolio 2013

“No matter what hath done guilt is hidden in all. For all things truly wicked started from an innocent.” Imagine a court case with the jury, lawyers, defendants, prosecutors, the security, the audience, and most importantly the judge. Each and every people, in that room whether they have or have no important relation to the case has a role and is designated to play it right and accept it.

In my history class we have researched and role played numerous trials as if we were really the character given to us and through those experience I’ve come to a closing understanding that no one is really innocent. Everyone is guilty of something and for that being we must all share the blame. One ordinary person can change everything with one act. Therefore, one turning their back on the situation as if it didn’t matter and it is not their problem automatically lays a splash of guilt across their face.

For example, in my trial notes for sweatshops going on nowadays the us consumers were second innocent in my opinion (I don’t have notes on the poor workers because that was the role my group played) mostly because they are just the consumers. They buy what they like and the money goes where it goes but during the cross examinations in my notes they stated “They are under a veil in which the multinational corps keep them under a small box of not knowing how and where their clothes are actually made.” and “need to focus on their own problems first than to help others on the spot” Even with that being said in analyzing these statements there is still guilt held securely under all the sympathy in it.

Though they may be accusing the multinational corporations for trying to keep their sweatshops in secret but they could have open their minds more to where does their clothes comes from and though they have problems of their own that is what makes you a better and greater person, to pause for a second, get yourself stable, and hold out a hand for someone in need of a lift. But they didn’t do it. They just went about their lives as if the situation didn’t exist. That is partial to what makes them guilty in the trial. But even before this happened we researched a bit to introduce us to what we’d be getting ourselves into and in my journal entry #31 I jot down some notes on. 

Also in my response to modern day sweatshops I explained about the possibility of making a good change out of it . But just maybe there can be a different option other than passing down the blame and pointing fingers though we all have some part in the crime. Another example would be the Cortez Hernandez trial of which I also took some trial notes(H.C.) on . It is somewhat every similar to the sweatshop trial in structure but of course is a different case in which everyone is GUILTY OF SOMETHING!

“I think religion helps us to deal with what we don't understand, with what overwhelms us, with what makes life hard. It helps us gain an anchor” A quote that I was able to grab and collect in my journal entry #13 along with other very insightful quotes and my reactions to them. In the religion unit that was taught in history class I realized that religion can either unite us or separate us. Journal entry #13 sort of shows the positive side of religion but in journal entry #9  it shows a bit of the opposite. It talks about orientalism and how much ignorance it brings. Religion seems to be the backbone or foundation that some people tend to fall back on when they have nothing else. In that there can and will come unity and acceptance with oneself and others. But then there are some other people who tend to go bit extreme to the point where other people’s lives can be in danger. Journal entry #9 is an example for orientalism is still out there today. But that doesn't mean we can't change it. I have come to analyze at many different angles that religion can be both good and bad but it is mostly up to the people and how they choose to take it to decide.