Humanities Portfolio 2011

Throughout the courses of both History and English this year had has its ups and downs. History and English, as subjects, have always been easy for me but this year through my projects, papers, wikis, essential questions and more… has changed my views on the topics of each subject.

In English, I noticed throughout my work that I have become a more fluent writer in writing my papers. My aspects of me to have became a more fluent writer includes, being able to pull several significant quotes from books I have read and outside sources from research. Also, analyzing throughout my paper, the quotes, my feelings and beliefs into thesis papers. Stating the facts with being stated in opinion form at first was very hard for me, but through practice of constantly writing and peer editing helped me a lot, it bettered me because of the helped I received by my teachers and friends. Click here to view my latest thesis paper about religion and the world

Within this paper I, as I stated before, express several beliefs and stating that they are true. In my 9th grade year and beginning of this 10th grade year, I had a harder time formatting and making my thesis papers clear by using well thought-out quotes.

Something that I grasped over this year was that there are many certain aspects that aren't talked about everyday. Click here to view my work of both my op-ed ;and now my monologue project ;

Throughout my op-ed I express different corruptions throughout the world such as the religious people and leaders abusing humanity laws, here is a quotes I stated of my own words “A priest of a catholic church has been accused of sexually abusing a young little boy. To point that we are talking about a Catholic church who provide us with a Catholic religion in which the bible says “homosexuality is against God.”

On the other hand, my monologue project was a long projects and included several aspects of thinking rather than the op-ed yet they are both similar and I learned a lot from both of them. Though, to begin, my monologue project brought several ideas of both imagination and research. I learned a lot form my monologue project because over the several months that we were given to work on it, I developed a well thought-out story about children and sex trafficking throughout Europe in an interesting, unique way.

A major benchmark, one of my most recent one is of my Colonial Benchmark which can be seen here ;

I express many different aspects of colonialism. Through my research I learned a lot and in making this museum, which was the goal of making this benchmark, using different artifacts and stating facts and also giving opinion with supporting evidence that “overall colonialism is better for a country because it is influenced by more cultures and as the country grows older there is a more variety.”

Furthermore, I’d like to save this for the last, my wiki of my poetry, because it was my most favorite project to do. I believe I can express myself more with writing poems and giving information rather than papers because it flows more easier to me and I believe a lot of other people may believe the same way. Click here to view my poetry wiki.

wordlez
wordlez