Humanities Portfolio 2011

Starting sophomore year I was skeptical on if I would like History and English. I used to not find any interest in English and History. Until this year I had the thought that every history and English class was the same as the year before. I though that we were just going to read books and that is it. Boy was I wrong.

History class was different from the first day. Since we started. I used to just have US history, world history is so much better. Mr. Block opened our minds to the world. Because of this I have done some of the best wok of my life. My paper were more interesting, and had better ideas. My favorite project we have completed is the Monologue Project. I put so many months of work into this project. In my point of view it is the best work I have done.

English class was also very different. We did not just read books we discussed them. We found the deep issues and provided solution for them. Because Mr. Block taught both English and History, we could connect both classes. We could relate the books to history and history to the books. Some of my best creative work has come out of my Poetry Project, where we all created poetry and artwork.

Both combined for History and English we combined our creative skills for the art in the open festival. We had help from the Leah Stein Dance Company.  It was a creative performance at the Schuylkill river.
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 1.45.33 PM
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 1.45.33 PM