I'm Not Even A Junior

Benchmark season is in full swing. Once this time comes around there are groups of students huddled in every corner of the school trying to get work done. My friends and I decided to go to the college office. We asked could we work in here and we were told "Yea sure why not?"
We began working and eating lunch with limited dialogue, this was the quietest lunch since second quarter. We were interrupted with" We need this room." We responded we're working." He looked and said "It looks like your socializing." I rudely responded with "Looks can be deceiving, you're older, you're wiser you should know that right." "He said look I'm gonna have to give you the boot." My friend said" You dont have to do anything." He began to get impatient and yelled these kids need to work on their PSSA and its more important than benchmarks." My friends and I looked at each other sideways knowing we disagreed. It doesn't to us we have to do these benchmarks to graduate by the time those tests are processed and graded we will be enjoying our summer vacations. As we were packing our belongings because we gave up on the argument and decided to just yell, one of my friends said "Hold up they shoulda been finished that test, its not my fault they couldn't finish that problem or came late." Then we walked out. I never thought that this test would frustrate me and I'm not even taking it. I'm a senior it shouldn't even bother me.