Ian Burton Capstone 2021

Capstone Process Paper For my senior Capstone, I renovated a house with my mentor. The process took us about 7 months to complete. This process involved finding a house which was very easy because realtors called my mentor because they know that he buys houses. I believed that the property was a good choice because it was around my house and there were not too many problems. The reason I chose this project for my capstone was because it was important to me to get more involved in my mentor’s business. This is something I want to do in the future and having a mentor was a great way for me to learn the process of real estate investment This process allowed me to implement the SLA core values in the real world. After we actually bought the house, there were a lot of steps involved in completing this capstone. I used the core values of inquiry while I was researching the budget. I had to research prices and places to get every utility needed for the house. I had to research contractractors and their prices. Also it was important to my mentor that he did not always tell me how different things work like how to install windows or how to run water lines so he wanted me to research these topics and learn how to do it myself. A lot of collaboration was involved also we had contractors, electricians, plumbers and carpenters. We all had to work together a lot of the time all in the same room at the same time so it was very interesting. For the final presentation we wanted the house to be brand new so we installed new bathrooms, new kitchen, new drywall and floors throughout all the rooms. Also, we presented the house when we put it on Airbnb. Reflecting on the project, I realized the amount of work that was put into the project and the amount of time involved. Also I believe it was a great experience to have because not a lot of kids my age or even adults can do this. One of the major obstacles that we encountered was when me and my uncle broke all the stairs. This cost us more time and money that could have been put into something more important. Another obstacle was important objects being thrown away like light fixtures and speaker cover which was another expense that could have been avoided. One thing that makes me the most proud in this capstone was seeing the finished product of all my work and time. Also, I was proud of my ability to manage a property flip beginning to end. One thing I learned is that taking on a property flip was too much for a capstone project SLA is going to be better because I was able to show my peers that this a project that can be done by a teenager. My Website http://propertmagementcapstone.simplesite.com/

Capstone Process Paper

For my senior Capstone, I renovated a house with my mentor. The process took us about 7 months to complete. This process involved finding a house which was very easy because realtors called my mentor because they know that he buys houses. I believed that the property was a good choice because it was around my house and there were not too many problems. The reason I chose this project for my capstone was because it was important to me to get more involved in my mentor’s business. This is something I want to do in the future and having a mentor was a great way for me to learn the process of real estate investment

This process allowed me to implement the SLA core values in the real world. After we actually bought the house, there were a lot of steps involved in completing this capstone. I used the core values of inquiry while I was researching the budget. I had to research prices and places to get every utility needed for the house. I had to research contractractors and their prices. Also it was important to my mentor that he did not always tell me how different things work like how to install windows or how to run water lines so he wanted me to research these topics and learn how to do it myself. A lot of collaboration was involved also we had contractors, electricians, plumbers and carpenters. We all had to work together a lot of the time all in the same room at the same time so it was very interesting. For the final presentation we wanted the house to be brand new so we installed new bathrooms, new kitchen, new drywall and floors throughout all the rooms. Also, we presented the house when we put it on Airbnb. Reflecting on the project, I realized the amount of work that was put into the project and the amount of time involved. Also I believe it was a great experience to have because not a lot of kids my age or even adults can do this. One of the major obstacles that we encountered was when me and my uncle broke all the stairs. This cost us more time and money that could have been put into something more important. Another obstacle was important objects being thrown away like light fixtures and speaker cover which was another expense that could have been avoided.

One thing that makes me the most proud in this capstone was seeing the finished product of all my work and time. Also, I was proud of my ability to manage a property flip beginning to end. One thing I learned is that taking on a property flip was too much for a capstone project SLA is going to be better because I was able to show my peers that this a project that can be done by a teenager.

My Website http://propertmagementcapstone.simplesite.com/