Imani Johnson Q4 BM -- What if Steve Jobs wasn't adopted?

To view my project please click the link below. The link will have you download my project, so instead of just clicking through the pages, actually play the presentation because I added some effects. 

Click here (well more like copy and paste): If you want to download the keynote....  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40815479/IJohnsonQ4Bm.key

If you don't want to just view it here!

For this project I decided to focus on something that I could kind of see effecting my life today. So I chose to focus on Steve Job, his personal life, and the impact he had on the world and the technology revolution. My point of divergence is what if Steve Jobs did not get adopted. Many things could have happened the night Job's biological parents called to see if someone would adopt their baby. His adoptive parents could have not answered the phone, or his biological mother would have decided to have the abortion. However, I wanted to go down the route of what would happen if his adoptive parents never answered the phone. This would make Job's an orphan considering the fact that his biological parents were not allowed to keep him. So with Job's being an orphan his world would be so complicated thinking about technology or a way to make the world better would not take place in his thoughts. He would be more focused on family issues, financial troubles, and learning how to care for himself. 

The future that I imagine resulting from my POD is that we would be behind in the technology revolution, Science Leadership Academy would not have been successful, and  technology would cost less. Technology would cost less because Apple kind of set the standards of having high priced products since they were so unique. So without Apple being in the picture, companies would not sell their products to the public for unreasonable prices. Another thing that effects the prices of the technological products that is also a result of my POD is the fact that we are behind in the technology revolution. The technology revolution is really the progress of technology and the quickness of how technology has changed. With many original ideas, technology not only has changed on itself, but the way people think, create, and design. But many companies have admitted to trying to copy the style of Apple. Mainly the professional look Apple gives off, and it's simplicity. So without having Apple as a model technology is still complicated with navigating, the finished product does not look pleasant, and people are not able to expand their creativity since the technology does not hold applications that can go above and beyond the average human thoughts. 

This project was very interesting and the one part that I really liked was the fact that I was open to do whatever I really wanted. (Well kind of.)  This gave me a chance to write my own type of world where anything could really happen and it really forced me to use my imagination which I haven't really been able to do recently with my work. I feel as though the most challenging part of this benchmark was the fact that I wasn't entirely sure as to what should be added into the project. Like a paper wasn't provided to explain the project, so I had nothing to go back to when there's no one to answer my questions. So things were pretty confusing when it came to making the primary sources. Also, I chose a topic where I couldn't really make a primary source because it involves someone's birth. And my thing was where someone just didn't answer a phone call, so I couldn't have a hardcore change of primary sources for it.