Immigration Visualization Project

What surprised me most about this information was that I didn't know how much history in and outside America determined the immigration rate. I always thought that the immigration was constant or gradually increasing with the new technology and "freedom" that were being put into Americans. What seemed quite obvious about the was that situations had to happen for their to be a tremendous growth and a tremendous increase in how many people were migrated/immigration from outer countries.
I believe that the immigration rates will stay the way it is for a few months. Simply for the fact because of the recent celebration of 9/11 and issues with the economy now.
Our decision for the project was to simply make a timeline with pictures, dates, and information. So it's easy for everyone to understand but also easy for us to teach the students.
The parts of group work that I found challenging was the research. A majority of the time when I was typed in a certain date or year to research something else in another continent would pop up such as Australia and Japan. Even though people were migrating from there, I was mainly researching about America.
What I would do differently if I had this project to do over and maybe look up for information about other countries. When I was researching the immigration rate I was looking at why people were coming to America instead of why were they leaving their home. But not just because America had jobs and money, but what was pushing them out of their home.

Kamilah Hudson (Student 2013)
Kamilah Hudson

"When I was researching the immigration rate I was looking at why people were coming to America instead of why were they leaving their home. "

I like this quote. It brings up a good point that people are not just flocking to america because it's amazing but on the contrast they're flocking to america because their home is not amazing. It would shows us a completed story of immigration if we were to see the reasons why immigrants were rushing out of their homes some years and then not so much in others.