Immigration Visualization Project

• What surprised you most about this information?  What seemed quite obvious about explaining this data set?
    Many things surprised me based on the information my group and I researched. Before I researched the time periods I was given I came across alot of information I never knew before. I think it helped  alot with my knowledge of american history in general because within those time periods I gathered other information. Explaining this data wasn't difficult because the example graphs showed an more increases then downfalls with immigration.

• Looking at the overall trend and incorporating what you know about the US presently, predict and defend the immigration trend for the next two decades.
    Over the next two decades I feel that the immigration population is going to increase.  Only because the amount of immigrants increased since the early 2000s and america seems to provide alittle more then most countries give.

• Describe how you made a decision on how to visually represent the information. 
    My group and I finally can to a conclusion of how we wanted to successfully and thoughtfully present our information. We decided that Prezi would be the best choice for our information to be given.

• What parts of group work were challenging?
     The challenging parts of my group work were the amount of information I could previde for a certain time period of my time line. It was difficult getting specific details of immigration.

• What would you do differently if you had this project to do over?
    Overall I feel my group and I provided enough information to provide the information the increases and decreases of immigration due to the historical events happening in each time period.

Paige Wayman (Student 2013)
Paige Wayman

I really liked the creativity you put into the project. I like how its short, sweet, and gets to the point. I loved how on each of the little orange triangles you had the amount of immigrants and inside you demonstrated the reason for their comings with a picture. Good Job Ladies!