Immigration Visualization Project Reflection

Shamarlon Yates (Student 2013)
Shamarlon Yates

One of the main reasons why I enjoyed your presentation was because it was interactive. Some of the pictures were really self-explanatory but I could not understand some of the other ones. I also think that you could have included the population and immigration numbers into your presentation. Great job and thumbs up on creativity. :)

Manna-Symone Middlebrooks (Student 2013)
Manna-Symone Middlebrooks

I understand what you are saying Sophie, but not having the information "in front of your face" or "black and white" was intentional. I wanted the viewer to follow the ups and downs of immigration in the United State.

Sophia Henninger (Student 2013)
Sophia Henninger

This project is very interesting and definitely original. It's visually appealing. My only issues with it was that the information isn't in black and white, right in front of your face which while in the classroom is okay since we are all researching this but to regular people they may not completely understand it.

Margaret Long (Student 2013)
Margaret Long

I agree with Symone, the way you used each letter form immigration, was visually attractive. Some of the images got pixelated or blurry though, but that could be the fact that it's on SLA. Other than that, its great!

Symone Smith (Student 2013)
Symone Smith

I thought it was very clever how you used each letter from the word immigration to represent each time period. I saw that there was a line representing the immigration graph however there were no numbers attached to it. Otherwise, I thought this Prezi was great.

Cyndilynn Sheridan (Student 2013)
Cyndilynn Sheridan

Manna, I thought your visualization of immigration was very effective and knowledgeable. I like how you choose to do the timeline on the letters that spelled out immigration. That was very unique! Some images were a bit blurry, but overall this was an outstanding project. I know you worked very hard on this, and in my opinion it really paid off.

Katherine Hatzidais (Student 2013)
Katherine Hatzidais

I really enjoyed this presentation. It was interactive and of course visual. I liked how you could run the presentation at your own pace. The pictures were helpful because it helped see what people saw during that time.