IncidentZ chapt3sec5

after that conversation people were less afraid but still nervous. We checked the stock and there were a shit load of things to take. Gannon got his glock back, and I divided the guns up and the rest went to storage. There were enough pistols for everyone to have one and plenty of shotguns and even assault rifles, smgs the works. Of course we didn’t give them out to the younger ones. Jacob came up to me as I was trying to pick out what new side arm I wanted “hey man, take this” he handed me our dads glock. “your better with it, and you deserve it. I was always sort of a bad brother but its only because I was jealous, your better then me” this gesture was extremely surprising to me. I took the gun and looked up at him and smiled

“no man you’re a great brother, bad brothers get along” he smiled

“well I guess your being a bad brother right now huh” we laughed

“I guess so, but now’s a good time….i appreciate you taking over when I was…well you know.”

“sure…can I ask you something”

“sure”

Jacob paused for a while. “how much do you like Jen” I laughed almost but kept it in

“go for her man” Jacob looked up and smiled

“thanks”

shortly after looking at the guns I made a decision. So far this store had a entertainment room, a sleeping quarters , a food center, a parkour area. We even made a makeshift shower out of the water system. The electric still worked and the water still ran.  Even the internet worked, and xbox live had some people still online. It was really quite amazing. But if I thought about it eventually we will run out of supplies, eventually we will run out of everything. We need to learn how to survive. Before all of this I was a scout. I could shoot, and I could fight, but I can’t protect everyone.

I walked over to the food court and found john was the only one eating at the time, “hey john, I want to call a meeting help me by telling people when your done?”

“sure” he smiled “your coming up with your own ideas again?”

“maybe” I smiled and walked away. Things were looking up. I still felt empty but at least I had once again found purpose.

Eventually everyone gathered and I was able to talk to everyone. I explained my plan as best I could. We had guns, we had enough ammo to supply the U.S military, and we all had a will to kill. I was going to train them. All of them. John and ted would be in charge of the physical parts of it, and everyone will learn parkour, I would  be in charge of gun safety and how to shoot 101. Everyone was to be armed by the time they were trained. “we will have our own personal army by Christmas hopefully if we work hard enough”

“why do we need this?” Dan my brother asked “arent we safe here?”

“yes, but we can’t live here forever, or at least not without restocking.” the meeting was over, and I was tired, I went to lay down and just sat there. The one thing about a zombie infested world. Everybody’s an insomniac.

“smit!” johns voice woke me up  and he seemed almost out of breath “ I need to talk to you! Its important!” my heart skipped a beat, and I nodded and reached for my gun.