IncidentZ chp4sec1 Spreading Joy

There were times when everything almost seemed ok, and there were times when everything seemed lost. It was around one of those times when everything seemed lost, and that’s why I didn’t kill john for waking me up. Its not that I didn’t like his idea, but it was not something I should have been woken up for, its hard enough trying to fall asleep let alone going back to it.

After i jumped up with my gun and went into another section of the store with him, he quickly explained what he wanted with me “ its almost Christmas, and we don’t have a tree, or anything. I think after all we have been through we deserve a good Christmas.”

I stared at him for a moment not really believing what he was asking me. I almost laughed but held it in. “john are you ok?” I knew he was serious so I didn’t even bother to ask.

“yes,…well no..but that’s the point no one is really “ok”…. after we all saw ant and ally die….and then Nicole…that could have been any of us…. something died in all of us.” 

Pain came into my thoughts as he said the word Nicole, I nodded “we all felt it john, the odd indescribable feeling, like we lost part of our selfs.”  I thought for a second and considered a Christmas in this place. It would be nice. “ok whats the plan to make this work?”

“fade and gannon the cannon, they have been out there for a while, they know how to live out there, and they agreed to help us, only us four know about it.” I nodded. So far it seemed like a good idea, no one would argue that gannon and fade kick ass.

“how do we know what to get people?”

“ask, no one would actually expect anything, so just ask hypothetically” I nodded, this would work somehow, john was right. We needed to spread joy around here.

Over the next few days we all get ready for going out, we asked people casually what they wanted.

I almost cried when Eve and Dan both asked to see Dad, I did not know what to do. I think deep down they understood, but refused to believe their feelings “im sorry, but I don’t think dads going to make it this year” I told them they complained but they stopped when they saw my eyes starting to tear. They both hugged me.

After a few days of, me and john, just asking everyone what they want we decided that we were ready. “a lot of sad answers, things we can’t actually get them”

we both had  to ask our friends what they wanted, and we both got answers that upset us. It was still a while before Christmas, about a week and a half, but we wanted to get the shopping done early. The plan was that we would be ready in two days, we would all have different weapons, although fade insisted on using his sword, because it did not run out of ammo, and no one argued, after all he had a point. We all met in the weapons storage section of the store, where are the unused weapons were being used.  Gannon still had his glock 18, and happily found another one and loaded up on a lot of clips, John picked up a Simi-automatic rifle with a small scope, probably an acog I didn’t really look at it well enough, and of course his side arm, a glock 19. I wanted to use a shotgun, I grabbed a 20 gauge , figuring the 12 gauge would be too heavy, and there is only a slight difference in killing power. And of course my dads glock 19 with two clips.

“damn, it would be fun to be using a world war two weapon now” I said out loud as I was viewing all the different rifles.

“world war two?” Gannon asked curiously hearing this

“yeah, its my favorite war…I was a war buff before the zombies” he looked at me and smirked

“yeah, but that’s all teenage boys these days, I know I was…but world war two huh? That’s interesting”

“yeah...”