Jenn Wright Quarter 2

I worked on different types of poster making and typography. I got the inspiration from a talented artist on Flickr that I follow. This person creates many interesting pieces with typeface and photos that made me want to create my own. 

I used things I heard around me as well as some of my favorite expressions as inspiration. It was difficult to find photos to mesh together to make what I saw in my head. When I decided on the expressions to use, I had to sit down and think about what they really meant. From there, I envisioned a scene or collection oh photos to fit into the words. All the photos I used were from Wikicommons. 

The process consisted of deciding on the phrases, finding the photos and arranging the pieces. It was quite to easy to pick the phrases. After that, I had to search the internet to find pictures that suited the scene I had pictured in my head. Through this process, I had to familiarize myself with public domain as well as several Creative Commons Licenses. One I had the photos the real fun started. I twisted, turned, cropped and flipped each picture many ways. I tried out all different fonts, sizes and colors. The fonts, I chose fitting typefaces and in most pieces used color-matching for the photos and fonts. 

Taller
Taller
NiceGuy
NiceGuy
Medicine
Medicine
Castles
Castles
Deck
Deck
Size
Size