Kammii's Q3 Art-ness

So basically in quarter three, I focused on a vast variety of things. The main focuses of this quarter were shadowing, still life, and the human body. To mirror those focuses is my art work. Behind all of this though, each picture is supposed to show something about myself. 

The first drawing of this quarter was just a pencil drawing of a hand. IF was the smallest picture of the year. In the picture that I drew, the hand looks like its reaching out for help. From the shading and shadows of the picture you can tell that something is hanging over the hand. The picture is symbolism, saying that there are always things that hang over our shoulders and try to hold us down but it is up to us to try to get ourselves out from under them. 

Photo401
Photo401
The second drawing of this year was a pencil drawing of myself. For this picture what I did was take one of my favorite picture of myself and then just try to remake it with pencil. In this picture, I was wearing a hoodie and my head was tilted down. When i tried to portray the tilt in my drawing it didn't come out as well as I'd liked but the picture was still okay. Once I finished the picture in pencil I went over it and colored it in just to enhance the emotion behind the art. The picture gives off deep and somewhat sad pictures. 

Photo on 2011-03-30 at 13.50
Photo on 2011-03-30 at 13.50
In the third drawing of this quarter I had to do another self portrait but this time it had to be bigger and in charcoal. This was my third favorite picture to draw this quarter. In this picture I attempted to draw myself looking off to the side again, using a picture I took of myself as my model. This picture was hard at first because it took a while to try to proportion out the drawing. At first the head was too round or the shoulders came out too far. In the end though, I was proud with the outcome of it. The picture shows a stronger, serious version of me which is a side of me people aren't used to seeing. 

Foto548
Foto548
Foto545
Foto545
Foto546
Foto546
The fourth picture in this project was a full figure charcoal drawing of someone. I chose to draw my friend Michael Chase. I had took a picture of him a day or two before hand and so I used that picture in order to draw. This was the most annoying picture of the quarter just because I could not, no matter what i tried, get the picture perfectly the way I wanted. Lines were too far up or down and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. In the end I just gave up working on it and stuck with what it was. 

Photo442
Photo442
The fifth drawing was a drawing of a clear bottle. Now originally I started and completed a drawing of a soap bottle. I liked the way the shading and lines looked. But the picture felt kind of empty so I ended up drawing a second drawing. The second drawing I'm submitting is a sketch of a water bottle that my mom constantly buys. It's in the shape of a baseball. At first I was going to place the bottle on a table but when I thought about it, I figured it would be more interesting to have it in my hand. 

Foto551
Foto551
Foto550
Foto550
Foto553
Foto553
The sixth draw was a still life of a an area in the art studio that Ms.Hull set up for us to draw. This drawing was the most fun because I wasn't really interested in doing it but I did anyway. It turned out okay.

The seventh drawing was a charcoal drawing of a clear bottle on big paper. I enjoyed making this picture slightly just because of how I set it up. I placed the bottle in a window seal and then attempted to draw literally everything in the picture. That included the car driving by that got caught in the picture. I think this is one my my favorite pieces because of the fact that it can be taken to have a humorous yet sinister tone. When I look at it, it makes me think that an evil bottle is looking down onto a car that it's hated for years, plotting ways to bring harm to it. 

Photo500
Photo500
To finish this off, I'm going to talk about the finale piece. For our final piece I chose a specific genre and then drew a couple pieces that took up 6 hours. The genre I chose was anime because it's my favorite type of art. To display it, all I did was take my school lab coat and then design on it something pertaining to anime. The reason I chose to design my lab coat is because I've always looked at clothing from stores like fye and hot topic and liked the cartoons and anime themes that are placed on them. I've always wanted to design my own. So I did. 

On the lab coat I drew a girl playing the flute because that's what I love to do. And so the theme of the coat is music. 
Originally she had arms and hands but it was very difficult to draw on the cloth so I ended up just not giving her them. 

After I did that I decided to make two hand draw sketches of anime and then on on a white board. 
Foto554
Foto554
Foto562
Foto562
Foto561
Foto561
Foto560
Foto560
Foto563
Foto563
Photo340
Photo340
Photo138Y
Photo138Y