Keiasha Lumpkins

Click here to see my google doc
Click here  to see my website
Screen shot 2012-11-15 at 11.32.44 AM
Screen shot 2012-11-15 at 11.32.44 AM

Nicholas Manton (Student 2013)
Nicholas Manton

Impressed by: - I like the website setup - Contains a lot of evidence showing how it can be controversial - Shows the political stand point.

Confused by: - Everything seems straight forward

Improvements: - You could have an interactive part, but I like everything for the most part

Allen Yang (Student 2013)
Allen Yang

Keiasha

What I was impressed by: - I'm impressed by the statistics presented it shows quite a lot of research. - Small details and brought up controversies about planned parent hood. - Thorough explanations.

Confused about: - How were you getting the word out?

Areas for improvement: - A few grammatical errors here and there - The font style (italic, bold, etc) are almost the same throughout the site. A little differentiation would help the eyes. - Talk a bit about how you petitioned and links to the petition site?

Nice Job! It's pretty convincing, for such a controversial topic. Although it's convincing to me, I'm not sure how others feel about this. There were a few biased parts I read, and I know it's a way of trying to get people to support, but try without that much of the bias and see how people would react by letting them make their own decision.

Jesus Jimenez (Student 2013)
Jesus Jimenez

Impressed - A good styled website. - Has the political side of the planned parenthood down. - She has evidence of how planned parenthood can be controversial. - Situations where abortion could be acceptable are shown, but still shows controversy

Confused - She explains planned parenthood, but how is she promoting her petition?

Improve - Try promoting the site even more, add a link to your petition

I liked your project, it shows that you've taken the time to work on it and used your time effectively. Although I don't know much about this, I would give you these suggestions. Add why we should care about abortion, honestly, it is a controversial issue that sometimes goes unnoticed. Usually, this gets into religion and politics and a whole lot of talks about ethics that discourage readers. Try to real them in with understandable information, unbiased if you can. Let them form their own opinion on the matter. I think that would effectively help your project effectively. If people learned about the services Planned Parenthood provides, without labeling it an abortion center, things might settle for a while.