Kevin Le Capstone

My friends and I came together and wanted to help students in math. So we brainstormed ideas and came up with a Peer Tutoring program. The goal of this program is to bring teens together and be able to teach one another without the fear of being in a classroom or asking for help. Most of the time students feel less pressured when they are around their friends asking questions rather than their teachers. The goal of this program is be a teaching and leadership experience project. We sent out a survey of whomever wanted to be apart of our program and then afterwards we had to figure out how to pair up the stronger math students with the weaker math students. The idea is for the stronger students to help the people who struggle to bring their grade up. We wanted this to be a bonding experience also. By doing this project, I learned that working with students you have to give them freedom but not too much or they will feel overwhelmed and not be motivated to do any work. By the end of this project, I hope to see my students grow and become better learners. Also, to see their grades increase a letter grade hopefully.

Bibliography here