Lobbying Blog Post 3 - I Think We Need A New Congress

Originally this blogs' focus was directed to all the fat cats on wall street who did dirty deals that ultimately led to the 2008 recession. Although it is still in the back of my mind I feel that I need to refocus and accept that what is done is done. It is in the past and it is time to move forward into a new prosperous re-emerging economy, right? Wrong.

A lot of people are disappointed in congress, our elected officials, not because they failed but because this seemed like our budgets last hope and they failed. Now if they don't have an answer in a year they will cut a minimum of 1.2 trillion dollars evenly from all U.S. programs regardless of size(Welfare and other very important social services exempt). This has essentially turned into a war between the two sides(like it wasn't before) and sadly to say, a war where you can clearly see news sources take sides point and case. These two articles are just blatant examples of how at war the republicans and democrats are I think the first article says how the republican unwillingness to do something with taxes is the reason we failed. Excuse me if I am speaking too frank but I really don't care which side was the catalyst to the failure, the real problem is the failure itself and congress' inability to fix our problem.

Back to what I said before about congress inability to fix their own problems it is a solution to their incompetence and it is that we lobby for new elected officials. We as a people can say "my elected official is not doing their job, get him out of congress." As I partly expected after learning that Pat Toomey is on congress he is related to congress' inability to fix their financial problems. The super committee is a culmination of six democrats and six republicans who were sent in to balance our budget as a special task force. Now as cool as special task force sounds they failed just like our regular task force and pat toomey was on this so called super committee. Now with the things that I said about him previously and this recent failure I truly think that Pennsylvania would benefit from a change in our elected official. The only people who I can influence are concerned citizens and people who feel that repeated failure is not tolerable.

To end off this I rarely agree with Obama statements but when he said he will veto anything to try to get congress out of this mess the easy way is all I was looking for someone to say. I believe that he agrees with a reelection.