Lobbying Post #3

For my lobbying topic, this is not a good year. I feel like youths are still bending the curfew rules and parents do not care much because if they did, they would be sure their children are in by 9pm. I am not disappointed by the face that it isn't a good year for this law because the law is too strict. For most teens, at 9pm is when they get that time to themselves to finally get out of the house and what this law is saying is that they will not be able to hang out. YES, I think there should be curfew laws but a 9pm curfew is outrageous. I do not feel in anyway bad about how this law is being ignored. I do not really see any officials who are so much for my lobbying idea which means I may  possibly have to talk to an official and get my idea out there and find others who agree. As listed in my last blog, there are a few officials who are on this curfew committee who may possibly be able to help me but Mayor Nutter is probably the one I would really need to talk to and get this idea into his head since he is the biggest enforcer of this law. A couple people are working on the curfew lobbying topic but I'm not too sure if their ideas are like mines. One of them says there should not be a curfew law which I am in the middle about but maybe we could work together and share ideas. I feel like I can influence the youth and parents to uphold their responsibilities which is to make sure children are in the house by 12:30pm every day.  The next meeting for city rules is November 30th 2011 at 10am which I'm sure the curfew laws will be a big topic of discussion.

Meeting Calendar
http://legislation.phila.gov/calendar/

Curfew Chart
Screen shot 2011-11-27 at 6.56.00 PM