Maya Kohl, Quarter 2 Artwork

For my color blind drawings I wanted to express unique coloring for simple show drawn things, to make them stick out in purpose. My blind contour drawings were inspired wit objects or people who have more details than are shown on the surface.
For my own painting, my friend who means a lot to me told me to paint a flower, like a rose. She is a rose to me, but I wanted someone deeper and darker. To me this expresses her to with me. She is so pure like a flower, while I’m dark but still beautiful. When I choose the famous already existing painting I chose it because it screamed mystery to me, that is something that always draws me into something. I enjoyed the colorful fruit to a dull colorless man.
For the illustration to a song, book passage or a quote. I wanted to draw a metaphor to one quote I try to live by, this quote was “you have to be your strongest when you're feeling your weakest.” So in my illustration I tried to portray something beautiful and weak on the inside of a cage. The cage would be your strength to aid you when you’re weak but at the same time not letting the weak parts of you, the butterfly set free.
For my photo editing photos, I chose to make everything in a portrait mode and hiten it, I used the app given to make lines in the macaroons stand out as well as other images. I choses these images because of their difference in similarities. Three out of the five images are baked goods, while the other two are of winter. Two of my favorite things, winter and baked goods.
I wish overall with this quarter I managed my time more wisely, and spent proud time on some of these assignments more than others. I used a lot of rulers and measuring for proportion, with my man with a green apple painting I measured out some of the lines making up the back and himself. With the caged butterfly for the bars I used a ruler. Which I never do. Overall I thought this quarter was full of new experiences and creative thinking I'm proud of it.