Michelle Friedman; Media Fluency

Media Fluency

Hello, my name is Michelle Friedman. Here you see several photos of things that I particularly enjoy. The first thing is a picture of a piano. I have played piano for 8 years and I still love it. The next photo is up top, in the upper left corner. This is a photo with Benedict Cumberbatch and Matt Smith. These are the men who play Sherlock Holmes, from Sherlock, and the Doctor, from Doctor Who. Finally, the third picture is one you all should recognize. It’s the Science Leadership Academy Logo. I also have three words in the center: Hard work, friendship, and family. These are three big values that I have in my life.

That is basically what my slide looks like. But why did I choose to make it like that? Well, presentation zen and slide design for developers taught me to use colors that contrast. That is why I chose bright orange fonts and darker pictures. My pictures also have a border of bright orange to tie it all together. I made the background one large picture to make everything bolder and make the res of it stand out. I learned this from Presentation Zen. 

Media Fluency #1
​After watching and listening to multiple presentation, I learned many new tricks for creating a great slide. Of the suggestions I received, I used three. The first thing I did was change the background photo. I found one with higher resolution and less pixels. Then I got rid of the photos up top because they were too ugly and distracting. They did not look good with the rest of the slide because of the colors. Finally, I changed my name from "Michelle Friedman" to "Michelle". 
2nd slide tech