Morgan Marant Capstone Project

​Abstract

My capstone was a two part portion that included doing two mini-sessions on how to stay in college. The first session took place on August 26,2013 at the school district building. The focus of that session was how to eat healthy and take care of yourself spiritually while in college. The main speaker was my mother Leslie Marant. The turn out was pretty successful, 15 people were in attendance. Many of these students were apart of the Philly Goes 2 College scholars program. My next session is scheduled to take place on Friday, June 7th at Science Leadership Academy. The purpose of my capstone was to take my experiences during the college application process and share it with other students. I also learned a lot from the speakers, so this experience was truly useful to me and hopefully those who attended. 

Capstone Annotated Bib

1. "RAD Self Defense Courses." RAD Self Defense Course » Penn Public Safety. University of Pennsylvania, n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

2. Dodge, Allison. "How to Create a Business Conference at a College." Small Business. Houston Chronicle, n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

3. "Student Health and Wellness Services." Overview. Spelman College, n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

4. "Top 10 Tips for Eating Healthy in College." JDRF Improving Lives Curing Type 1 Diabetes. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

5. Slide, Casey. "How to Eat Healthy in College." Money Crashers. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

6. Schwab, Nikki. "Self-Defense Classes Gain Popularity on College Campuses." US News. U.S.News & World Report, 19 Aug. 2009. Web. 31 May 2013.

7. "Self Defense for Girls | Things Every College Girl Should Know." Things Every College Girl Should Know RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

8. Berett, Dan. "Research." The Chronicle of Higher Education. N.p., 19 Apr. 2011. Web. 31 May 2013.

9. Lucier, Kelsey Lynn. "How to Stay Organized in College." About.com College Life. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.

10. "12 Tips on Winning a Scholarship." Fastweb. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.