MP1 Art2

This is my sugar skull. 
During Mexican holiday of the dead sugar skulls are used to decorate gravestones and altars. The skulls are actually made out of sugar but in art class we used plaster to make our sugar skulls.

I left my sugar skull with out a design. Theres no design on the skull because to me it symbolized something else by just being blank. I had my sister put on the mask.I thought that if there is suppose to be scary or around gravestones, then I should just keep it blank because it would look more scary. 

The art teacher explained and then left a box of plaster out. Then I took a few home and asked my sister is i could make plaster her face, she said yes. So I first had her put a lot of vaseline on her face, so the plaster wouldn't stick to her face and would be easy to take off. Then I began to put the plaster pieces on her face and then rub them. I was almost done but then she didn't feel good so she told me to take it off. After I was done After I was done I looked at it and found the deeper meaning. 
IMAG5001
IMAG5001
IMAG5002
IMAG5002
IMAG5003
IMAG5003
IMAG4957
IMAG4957
IMAG4959
IMAG4959
IMAG4962
IMAG4962