MS Awareness

Capstone 2018

Science Leadership Academy // 4.14.2018

For my Capstone for the year of 2018 has been one that I known about since my freshman year. I have had many idea changes but in the end I finally settled with my original plan to just expand my idea and turn it into a project that I'm really proud of. I made a website for people to visit and learn about MS awareness through the mind of a high school senior, letting people into my personal life. As most of you know my mom has MS and it's something that can't be cured. This topic is important to my entire family. I spent time reaching out to different organizations that help out the MS community. I've taken part in the MS walk to raise money and I raised money on my own at school. I want to thank everyone who supported my bake sales at SLA. Together we raised over $250 dollars for the National MS Society. Along the way, I’ve also been at Morris elementary school telling people about my capstone and what has led me to this stage of my high school career. The road blocks that I've had during the process was trying to get my own booth at the MS walk, that didn't work out but it didn't stop me from helping out the local people in my area and my mom as well. This project has been pretty interesting an I believe that the four years at SLA have been just a preparation for something to be bigger and better than all of us.

Link to bibliography : https://docs.google.com/document/d/11sQGykOuS3xKjDn08FPp-K1q7QtWLfqN7AeKyWzn_IE/edit?usp=sharing