• What will be your topic of conversation be?
• What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?
- Do you drink?
- Whats the drinking age?
- Where are the partys at?
- If so where do you go?
- If not then what bad stuff you do.?
• What are you looking forward to about this conversation?
I don't know if this was personal but I asked about drinking in Mexico. Obviously I talked to someone who was underage and she said never in her live did she drink.
• What are you nervous about?
I'm nervous that I might mess up and she will Yell at me and say I can't speak spanish correctly. I had no confidence.
• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?
I talked to Nohemi from Mexico She was 17 from Mexico.
• What did you learn about them?
The drinking age in Mexico is 18. Thats different from the 21 drinking age in America. I also learned that in Mexico there are a lot of partis at the beach. Its different from regular teen parties. In mexico its more tradition with music parties.
• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?
Nohei was a very nice girl. She was my age and understand what I was going through because just last year she felt the same about english. Also she said that she was ok with the topic which was fine by me.
• What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?
I learned about drinking in Mexico. I also learned that Nohemi is a good little girl who never does anything wrong. She said she never had one sip of alcohol in her life. Not that she was suppose to but most teens usually have at least 1 sip in their teenage years.
• What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)
I want to improve on talking like a regular spanish person and not like I'm some 5 year old trying to learn the language. I want words to come natural to me instead of looking them up.