Mtlili Immigration Visualization

BerniciaMalikNaQuanEarthDecades
BerniciaMalikNaQuanEarthDecades
https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/view#4e7361fb-8e80-4f57-b9af-14090afc8f61?branch=855e6f18-c786-434a-a999-931016e3682a

When viewing the data collected as a group a few things came to mind. When thinking of America I always thought it was the best place to be no matter where you’re. As in the luxury of living in America was better than any foreign country no matter what occurs in America. I am familiar with the great depression but always thought it was over rated. It turns out when the great depression occurred it was the greatest decrease of incoming immigrants in time. 
            The way we constructed our visualization was that it would represent how time affected the growth of America. What we did was display each decade in the shape of a circle, the size of the circle represents the amount of immigrants in coming to America that decade. Within each circle is an explanation of why this may have happened. The circles leading up to the most modern circle with the largest number of immigrants seem to be increasing. Therefore the lifestyle in America is increasing. This leads me to believe that within the next 2 decades the amount of immigrants will increase. 
            The most challenging part of working in a group would be deciding on how the visual would be constructed. We all had different ideas that we each wanted to project. Then we had to find a way to combine our ideas in order to satisfy the whole group. It wasn't that difficult but we were able to accomplish the visual without encountering dilemmas. If I were to do something differently to the visualization I would keep the number of the immigrants in the circle. The information in the circle on the reasoning would be outside the circle attached to each circle with a line. This would make it easier to read the information. 

Imani Johnson (Student 2013)
Imani Johnson

According to you second paragraph, you believe that the reason as to why the immigration rate was the largest because public education was available and welfare was provided. But according to your diagram, during 1991- 2000, welfare and public education were NOT provided to illegal immigrations (undocumented immigrants.) I really like how you changed the different sizes of the circles because it's a great way to show how the size of immigration changed over time.