My Lover

(Sad Mood)

I was being used, yelled at, and even shut down. It wasn't a fair relationship. He would touch me and somehow control me. He would touch me in places I didn't want to be touched because I was not “acting right”. I did so much for him. Although it looked like he had total control over our relationship. Everything he demanded I would do for him. I would sign him in once he gets home, he would tell me to go to certain places for him and I would respond peacefully and obey his orders. I feel like he just used me for what I had, he used me for my unique internal and physical havings. Sometimes he  leave me alone in the dark, locked up in a room. I couldn't physically clean myself, someone else had to clean me. This was his job but he never did it.

“What did I do?!”

“Why are you cursing at me?!”

Then he would tell his friends to get online so he can play and talk with them using me.

(Happy Mood)

He's been a struggle in our relationship....but at the same time I loved him. He was my everything, he was my lover and my world. He spends quality time with me. I love the late night talks and activities we do. He loves to play with me at night and during the day. I remember when he played with me all day long, It was the best day ever. He used to buy brand new games every month to play with me. Although he did abuse me, he always made up for it. He was the only person in my life that has ever been like this to me. I loved watching him sleep, he sleeps in the cutest way ever. He curls up in a ball and snores like a pig. Although... that was the only person I seen sleep.

(Sad mood)

Wifi also was in the room where I lived. She was my enemy. She would try to make me glitch in order for my boyfriend to abuse me and get mad at me for it. She would shut herself down so I won't function as well, this is where my bf abuses me. Recently, my bf haven't been paying any mind to me. His mother and I did not have a good relationship. His mother would get angry at him for spending time with me. I wonder why, maybe If I was a another system, would she have not gotten as mad? I believe his mother was a big factor in separating our relationship. Oh...and he goes to this school thing where he is away for 8 hours. Those 8 hours are the worst. He locks me up, and I just have to wait until he comes back. Recently he has joined this new school, I think he moved up in something, but he was very nervous. When he comes home now he's just writing on paper and reading books constantly. He’ll play with me for a little, maybe for 30 minutes or an hour. I don’t know what has gotten into him. He's been bringing in girls, and spends more time with them than me. I remember when he was 4 ft and now he's almost 6 ft. I wonder where did I go wrong. I’ve also noticed that he has been spending a lot more time with this bitch Iphone. What’s the reason for our separation? If I was another system maybe he would love me more. I still can’t stand the fact that he shut me down forever and left me to dust.

My lover

Seyni Ndaw (Student 2018)
Seyni Ndaw

This was really well crafted! I liked the way you used a metaphor of an abusive relationship to describe the relationship between the character and his game counsel. I can't really personally relate to the character, but the way you personified it was really creative! Something that will stick with me from this story is the last line about the counsel fearing that its owner will leave it to collect dust.

Opoku Kwateng (Student 2018)
Opoku Kwateng

I enjoyed listening to your monologue greatly. At first I thought that it was about a abused girlfriend but when you started saying things like Wifi is your enemy I realized that you are a gaming system, The part that will stick with me is when you said would his mom like me if I was different because it slightly touches on the topic of family being more excepting of different cultures if you look at the whole monologue as a metaphor.

Kimberly Barnes (Student 2018)
Kimberly Barnes

Lol! I loved your monologue it was very creative the way you told the story. At first i thought it was a phone, but them someone told me it was an Xbox. I liked how you put in factors of abuse, like yelling and cussing. Good job!

Laith Abuharthieh (Student 2018)
Laith Abuharthieh

I really like your monologue! I liked the way you set it up. At first you made it seem like you were a real person, I thought that you were getting abused by a husband or boyfriend, as I read on I realized that you were in fact an Xbox or some type of gaming system. Great job!