My Single Slide Revised

Screenshot 2015-12-08 at 8.49.02 PM
Screenshot 2015-12-08 at 8.49.02 PM
When I was critiqued I realized a number of things. For starters, my name was barely visible. My slide was also pretty dark so it wouldn't be as likely to catch someone's eye. When I changed my slide I wanted it to be simpler. In my previous slide there was shattered glass in the background which gave you something to think about but it was also a bit distracting. I re-did my entire slide and made it simpler, eye catching and I gave a clear message to my audience that would be easily understood. I wanted my theme of my slide to be black and white because simple colors like that are easy for people to look at and they will quickly draw the person's attention. The background of my slide represents my city. I grew up in center city for the majority of my life and then about two years I moved to South Philly. My name is in bold and capital letters and it isn't hard to read. My name is big and bright too. The two dates in the upper left hand corner have significance too. August 20 and 21 are the dates my parents signed the divorce papers. The announcement of their split three years ago had a huge impact on me and has helped me becomes the person that I am today and has taught me so many things that I wouldn't have learned. The dates are smaller and less eye catching because I wanted my name to be the first thing the person sees and then the two dates would give them something to think about afterwards.