My slide

Emma's slide (1)

Hi, I’m Emma, and I chose to model my slide after Presentation Zen. I used a soccer player as my background because I am very passionate about soccer. I also included my soccer number… #10 and placed that on the girl’s left sleeve in a sky blue hue to highlight my identity because that is my number. Presentation Zen states that enlarging your text grabs the attention of your viewers, so I made sure that my text was big and very noticeable. I also included a quote from one of my favorite soccer players, Mia Hamm. This quote motivates me to work hard in everything that I do. This quote played a huge role in my sister’s life as well. As many of you may know there was a Women’s March that took place last year on January 23. My sister used this quote on her sign and many people took pictures of it and she ended up going viral. This quote means a lot to me because it contradicts the idea that men are better athletes. I incorporated the rule of thirds and contrast in my slide. I used contrast with the color of number but also the color of the text “I run like a girl”, highlighting that part of the quote makes it mine. The colors I used in my design work very well together: black and blue are cool colors which pop against the white background.