negative/positive space - cut out

FullSizeRender (23)
FullSizeRender (23)

A. Negative space is an art the incorporates the space between subjects in an image. Negative can be used to show to different images. We can look at the positive space and see an image, and then focus on the negative space and see a completely different image. Usually, for these type of images, we use two colors black and white. The subject in the picture is usually white and everything around it is white creating a silhouette.

B. I found the negative space in this picture by looking for the dark spots in my pictures. These spots created the image of a bat and defined the image I was trying to portray.

C. It helps an artist to see negative space in an image because negative space gives an image definition and brings balance to a composition. Also negative space should not distract from the main subject.

D. Seeing negative space does enhance the drawing. The dark space makes an image more intense and clear to see. Also the negative image is there so we can see multiple images in one. Negative space is also not constricted to only one form of art. It can be found in photography, painting, and graphic designs.