Negative Space

photo
photo
A. Negative space, also known as the white space that goes around an object, can be used to draw the object, too! So instead of having the object be black and the background be white, you can have the object be white and the background be black! It makes it look cool, artsy and can really help a picture look like real life sometimes! It's a popular style of art in which artists use it to create a project that is unique and special.

B. To find negative space, you must first cut out the positive space portions, which are normally darker. Then you must fold it so you can see how it puzzles into each other. But for a drawing, you must draw it in pencil first and then color everything that is not part of the object as one solid color, the positive space. This makes it look like the background is the object, while the real object is the background. You can even make them opposite, like with the owl, so you can see both positive and negative space and compare and contrast them!

C. Because using negative space can make something seem realistic and more interesting to view, describe and study. It makes it look cool, artsy and can really help a picture look like real life sometimes! It's a popular style of art in which artists use it to create a project that is unique and special.

D. Same thing as before! Artists create art (no surprise there), and their goal is to make their art seem realistic and be more interesting to view, describe and study. It makes it look cool, artsy and can really help a picture look like real life sometimes! It's a popular style of art in which artists use it to create a project that is unique and special.
Screenshot 2014-05-23 at 8.28.54 AM
Screenshot 2014-05-23 at 8.28.54 AM