Nick's Descripitive Essay

Whoosh! AHHHH! As the monstrous roller coaster of Kingda Ka takes its turn on the scarred but wanting riders. I am only 11 years old and this is the first roller coaster I’m going to ride! I think I’d rather eat worms than go on this…thing.  I need to find a way out of here but its hard to do when your surrounded by hundreds or thousands of people and my dad and 6 foot brother are right next to me. They both are starring at the roller coaster as if its something they would want to do again and again. I’m looking at it like it’s an insane serial killer. As we moved closer I could see how the riders were literally launched into orbit because I couldn’t see the top of the roller coaster. And they would come down what seemed an eternity later. Supposedly the ride lasts only 30 seconds, think they tell you that so they are able to do what they want to you in the sky. When the people get off the ride they are groggy and look crippled. I tried to tell my dad but to no avail, we stayed in the line. Another thing going on with this ride is when it starts they don’t make a noise, I can hear them talking and poof they cant speak.

I found out that I wasn’t alone. There was another kid my age but much shorter and he was trying to do the same thing with his dad and sister. But his dad actually let him go over to his mom while he and his daughter stayed in line.  Now I figured my dad wasn’t going to miss this or let me do what the other kid did and we were going to all die or become cripples. There had to be at least a thousand people waiting in line all knowing what was coming and yet they had an eager look on their faces. As I looked around I saw that everyone had there eye on the gates that locked you out of the roller coaster except for when the men and women in the blue blazers opened them. We were only a couple groups behind from going onto this death coaster. I had heard in commercials that it was one of the scariest rides in the world, and my mom said that you wouldn’t be able to pay her to go on the ride. She said she would probably look like a ghost at the end and her blood would be at the top of it, wherever the top is.

As we stepped into the pitch-black seats and the big red bars slammed down and pinned me down into a seat I almost screamed out for help. Then they told my dad to take his glasses off. My dad asked “why do I need to take them off? Not to be rude, just curious.”

“Because,” The man in the blue blazer said “a couple of weeks ago a woman that cared too much about her looks didn’t want to take her wig off. So when the ride went her wig flew off and got wedged in the ride and t had to be shut down a for a couple of hours. Also the amount of G forces could make them fly off or break”

What does that mean? I thought to myself, is that some sort of radiation or weapon? It sounds like 50 cent but in superhero form. My stepmom and brother were talking. My stepmom got to sit out on the side but she said “’Have a good ti-“ and that’s all we heard. While my brother, my dad, and I were slingshotted forward and my head was slammed back into the so-called cushioned headrest. All I could see was blurs of the Amazon in the background. But once we hit the top of the 456-foot high green monster everything was in slow motion and I could see absolutely everything in about a mile radius. There were the monkeys jumping on top of a car, some gazelles running out on the sandy plain like a national geographic magazine picture and then swoosh! We were heading straight down toward the ground at an extreme velocity; I could see my end coming once again. I was going to be headlined on the news as boy turns into pancake. In some odd way we turned horizontal and went up a slow hill and landed safely into the landing dock. When we got off I yelled with surprising joy in my voice “I want to go again” as my hair stood on end from the amount of air rushing at me.