No Podcast For Old Men: Podcast #2 - Aidan, Doug, Eli, Lincoln, and Sam

https://vimeo.com/501118170

In this week of “No Podcast for Old Men”, we continue the discussion of Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, this week taking a look at the literary lenses. The text features a journey of a Man and his young child trekking south in a frigid, desolate wasteland, inhabited only by the worst humanity has to offer. In this episode we focus on a new side character that was introduced and his significance. Lastly, we continue our journey on the discussion of presence/absence of God in The Road, the symbolism of fire, and much more on this episode.

As far as off screen deliberations, the group landed on Ely (the character in the book) being the “winner” of this meeting. We also went on to claim that the father is the loser for this meeting.

Indiya Johnson (Student 2021)
Indiya Johnson

You guys continuously kept a good flow and provided counter arguments but you made them fit by conversing why it would or why it wouldn't work. Also I like the strive vs pride quote from Aidan. I learned that this book is more than just a road but also setting babies on fire and suicide.

Indiya Johnson (Student 2021)
Indiya Johnson

You guys continuously kept a good flow and provided counter arguments but you made them fit by conversing why it would or why it wouldn't work. Also I like the strive vs pride quote.

Jonathan Rodebaugh (Student 2021)
Jonathan Rodebaugh

I learned a lot in this podcast, one of these things was what the society or lack thereof and it was really cool to see how you all still connected that lack of society to the Marxist lens. the overall conversation of your podcast is really interesting to listen to, no one over powered the convo and it was just really chill.

Michaela Berger (Student 2021)
Michaela Berger

Through this podcast, I learned about the characters in the story and how they react to certain post-apocalyptic scenarios within the novel. I really liked the back and forth conversation, everyone's voices were balanced. I also liked how you didn't bring up the marxist lens until later because you were able to set it up very well.