Option 3: Globalization In Philadelphia

http://globalphilly.blogspot.com/

Above is a hyper link to my photos and citations. Below is my reflection 

.Although I feel as though the 4th quarter benchmark was the weakest of all my benchmarks I’ve done this year it was my favorite. I say this because I got to take photos of the world outside of SLA and interrupt them to my understanding. Even though I enjoyed this project the most it was also the most challenging because I didn’t really know how to relate the photos to globalization. I had gotten to a point where I had photos but they didn’t mean anything to me so I had to go back and find photos that had a story behind thee. The process in which I went about gathering photos was also not so great. I started the project late and as a result I was in a rush to get good photos which also made it hard for me as well. 

My favorite photo by far out of the collection is the one I took in a park in Over Brooke, Philadelphia. The photo is of a woman wearing a turban and her son on a swing. Not only was this the best photo visually but it had the best story behind it as well. And I actually interacted with the woman in the photo. I do feel as though evidence of globalization us evident in Philadelphia everywhere from the phones we use every day to the shoe son our feet. But it’s defiantly more common in larger cities because they do more trading with other countries and import more things. After completing this project I learned two things. That procrastination is not the way to go and that globalization is everywhere