Original songs written by Spanish 1
As the culminating project for Spanish 1's unit on the impact of immigration on family, students composed their own songs answering one of the three EQ's:
What does family mean to you? Who is your family? What's unique about your family? What's your family story?
How is your identity or family "clandestino" or at an "encrucijada"?
How does immigration impact family stories, identities and experiences?
Here is the project description. Take a listen to these fabulous songs (and see the lyrics) composed by our very own SLA students:
- "Mi Familia, Somos Fuertes" by Bronwyn Goldshneider
- "La Encrucijada" by Gregory Tasik
- "El Corazón de Mi Vida" by Mindy Saw
- "Una Decisión, Dos Vidas" by Sashoya Dougan
- "Una Canción en Español" by Kwan Hopkins
- "Mi Corazón que Sigue" by Leila Lorenze
Log in to post a comment.
No comments have been posted yet.