Party Like the Dead: Macbeth Creative Project

Macbeth project
Macbeth project
What we will be playing at the banquet:

Harry Potter - Double Trouble

• We chose this song because the lyrics are practically verbatim to Act 4 Scene 1, where the witches give Macbeth new prophecies, and it shows how Macbeth is pretty evil.

The Lion King Soundtrack - I Just Can’t Wait to be King

• We chose this song because Macbeth really wanted to become the King of Scotland after he heard the witches prediction of becoming King.    

Michael Jackson- Ghost

• We chose this song because in this scene, Banquo’s ghost appears. This song can foreshadow the appearance of the ghost.

Ballroom Party - Sleep No More

• We chose this song because it relate to Macbeth’s sleep/sleep-no-more motif. It doesn’t exactly relate to this scene, but it is still a reoccuring theme.

Queen- I’m Going Slightly Mad

• We chose this song because in this scene Macbeth hallucinates and sees the ghost of dead Banquo

Imagine Dragons- Thunder

• We chose this song because this relates to the supernatural motif, and all of the scenes that are stormy

The O’Jays - Back Stabbers

• We chose this song because it relates to Macbeth betraying his King in earlier scenes

The Eagles-  Witchy Woman

• We chose this song because it is about the three witches, also following the supernatural theme

Mulan Soundtrack-  I’ll Make a Man out of You

• We chose this song because it related to Lady Macbeth wanting to be “unsexed”, and when in this scene, Lady Macbeth is scolding Macbeth for going crazy at the party “Are you a man?”

The Radio Dept. - Strange Things Will Happen

• We chose this song because strange things have been occurring ever since Macbeth was told he would be King. For example, Macbeth hallucinates a floating dagger, as well as the ghost of his dead friend.

Michaela and I wanted to do this project because we wanted to do something very creative. We decided to make an invitation because we got to choose songs to play, foods to serve, and a fun design. In the book, in Act 3 Scene 4, there is a feast to celebrate the crown of Macbeth. There, Banquo, a friend Macbeth killed, appears as a ghost. We chose do both a paper invitation and video invitation because we want to provide an invitation to all  generations. For the foods, we researched popular foods in the time period, as well as some things from the play, like roasted fowl and deviled eggs. For the songs, we chose songs that had to do with motifs from this scene, and the entire play.

Michaela profile: 
https://scienceleadership.org/people/mberger21