Philly Love Note: Annisa Ahmed.

Annisa Ahmed
Favorite Spot: Lindbergh Boulevard
Neighborhood: Southwest
Address: Speaks for itself, no?

About Me: A senior attending Science Leadership Academy with time on her hands.
Years In Philly: Seventeen and counting.
Current Home: Southwest
My Note: It is normally a forty minute ride from my school to my house. The trolley I take drops me off in front of Penrose Plaza and from there, all that is left is to pass the three or so traffic lights that stand on corners of blocks that would put city ones to shame.

A struggle, it is. By that time I take my first step on Lindbergh Boulevard, my mind is already calculating how much longer it will take me to reach my sanctuary of sweat pants and saltines. Nevertheless, the short walk is mind-numbingly cleansing. Venturing through an area with more trees than people leaves more content than conversation could for some odd reason.

Maybe, it is due to the fact that I am normally the only one who actually uses the sidewalk. Bikes, cars and buses pass over me in waves and being able to stop and breathe for the first time that day continuously enlivens my evenings for sure. The past four years of this same cement is enough to bore any individual, but not I. I find security in the gleaming lights of the above, solace with whatever our relationship has come to. And yeah, I could never mind.

Regards,
Annisa A.