Positivity @ SLA

For my capstone, I chose to look into what makes experiences in SLA positive and how to create a positive community within SLA. I did this by doing various things throughout my high school years and then taking the time to reflect on them and ask myself these questions: What went right? What went not as expected? Do I believe it was beneficial to my overall goal in practice? Would I do it again? etc. This is just a sample of things I've done, to see the rest or some with more detail. Here's a link to my paper! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vFzfOT7aCjtKJMIhSP6OxKNONzuR--wLAk0RqutXIfA/edit?usp=sharing

Blue stream did and forever will hold a special place in my heart. I made efforts to create a video showing all the great, funny, and creative sides of Blue Stream. I spent all my time from April 2019 to June 2019 creating the blue stream video. It was roughly 8 minutes long. I gathered at least one person from each friend group in blue stream to collectively give everyone superlatives. It was my goal to make sure everyone felt included. That was the toughest part about making the video. The video as of today has been lost on my poor laptop. Lesser quality videos or I can try to actively retrieve them if requested.

People seen in photo: Entire Blue Stream of 2018-2019

Blue stream
Blue stream

I am having trouble actually submitting the video so the link will be at the bottom of my caption. This one is really short. I wanted to decorate SLA for the holidays! I remember freshman year some kids (I don’t know what club) made SLA look amazing for Halloween and I couldn’t do that for Halloween so winter break worked! This is just being said because I have a really cool video with the lights off decorated so I can include it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/12WFkGRBWwPxxvYb7

People in Video: Jakob

I am having trouble actually submitting the video so the link will be at the bottom of my caption. This one is really short. I wanted to decorate SLA for the holidays! I remember freshman year some kids (I don't know what club) made SLA look amazing for H

I started SATing SLA Green stream African American history at the beginning of the year. It was the best experience working with children. I knew that I wanted to be a history teacher but being able to volunteer to help and work with these students was a blessing in itself. SATing was something that was very different from my other “deeds”. This was something that became very personal to me because as the year went on I started growing with them. They were at times too much for me and that’s really when I wasn’t only helping them but they began helping me. Green stream was such a challenging class to deal with at times and honestly, that was the most impactful thing I feel like I gained in this capstone. Being their SAT helped me figure out what kind of teacher I wanted to be and how I wanted to do it on my own terms. They were amazing and from what I asked some students, they gained as much as I did.

People in photo: Carla & Eden