Printmaking-Shaheed W.

Art is a special concept that existed since the early humans. Art is such a broad topic, that there’s so much variety. One particular art style is printmaking. Printmaking is the process of designs by printing them from specially prepared plates or blocks. There are many forms of printmaking like engraving, mezzotint, etching, etc. All of these forms have been revolutionized because printmakings has been around since 400 AD. Printmaking has been around so long that the Mesopotamians used it, they used round cylinder seals for rolling an impress of images onto clay tablets. Printmaking was important because it was originally used to reproduce religious texts.

Printmaking is still used today. I noticed that graffiti is unique printmaking. That’s why I wonder if graffiti artists know that what they are making is printmaking art?  What if more than one type of printmaking was combined together to make a new type of category of printmaking.

(Stephen Alcorn's work)

This is my favorite print because it shows something respectable, a hand shake. It uses both negative and positive space to make a simple but intriguing image.