Process Paper: Mat and Terrence

Video games are a topic known very well around the world. It is something that connects people of different ages, races, religions, and social status. It is something that brings people closer together, allows to meet new people, and even learn new skills. I guess you can say that my partner and I chose this topic because it is something that we experience first hand. What better ways to do a project then to do one that you are nearly an expert on and enjoy doing. Our first hand knowledge made it very easy to conduct research. Also the fact that we had friends on a video game consoles that we could use a sources if we needed to made it even better. Although we knew a lot of the information, timeline, etc. there are still things that you can learn from doing a good job with researching, which made this project even more fun because with every source that we got from a teacher, a friend, and found ourselves we would unlock a piece of information that we were not familiar with before. Even though we were having fun there were difficult parts. The most difficult had to be selecting our presentation category because originally we wanted to make the presentation feel like a video game, but there were no categories that would support the type of project we wanted to make. Eventually we decided that choosing a documentary would be the best way to do this. Doing this documentary was pretty awesome. From the very first time that my teacher announced the NHD project I immediately thought video games. The reason for this is because video game technology is a revolution that no one can ignore. It changed society because of the amazing technological advancement that we were seeing, and that we are still seeing. In just forty years we went from a box that only played simple games to a motion sensor that detects every movement of your body and can also be used for voice commands. The revolution of video games is an amazing one that someone needed to point out and represent well which is exactly what we are intending to do in this project.