Process Paper, Willie Willson

Throughout this project, my group and I have been thrown about by our own sense of creativity and naive decision making skills.  We started out this project with a completely different target audience than we ended up with, and our individual pieces have grown beyond what we could have hoped for them.  When we started, we intended to market our idea of having teen friendly places to business owners and others like them, but as we went, we realized how hopeless that truly was.  We came to the conclusion that those business owners probably didn’t care enough to even look at our advertisements, so we shifted our lens of focus.  We decided to target the teens that this movement would affect the most, and changed our approach.  Originally, we were trying to get the business owners to change their entire way of business, now we’re more focused on bringing the focus to the business’ that already do this.  This allows us to cast a broader net and pull in a larger audience for our movement.

My component of our campaign was to make video advertisements that would help pull attention to our website, which Lexi was in charge of.  I tried to make the ad’s short and entertaining, while still getting the point of our campaign across.  I managed to do this by using a catch phrase, “maybe you should get out more”, and making sure to advertise our website with every video.  This strategy worked well with the posters that Gabby made, because together they targeted a large audience of teens that will undoubtedly, at some point, get bored.

This project let my group delve into our inner creativeness, and maximize the effectiveness of our advertisements.  We made sure our posters and videos were entertaining and kept the attention of our audiences, which will ensure that people will inevitably flock towards our campaign.  This surety comes from knowing that we chose the most effective market in which to advertise our website, as well as knowing that we got our message across in an effective way and a clear manner.