Process Paper_TeenViolence_Garcia

When we first came together as a group we decided that we wanted to interact with teenagers in Philadelphia, and go to their schools to try and get their attention better. Afterwards we decided that we would grab everyones attention and do in a better form. We felt as if presenting at a high school will then seem like we’re lecturing them and we realized that teenagers begin to lose interest when they feel like their being told to do something. Thus we decided to make a PSA, a Facebook Like page, and a website. After everything was created it all seemed to fit in perfectly with each other. The PSA was immediately effective and received tons of views fast, the Facebook page got many likes, and we received a lot of feedback on the PSA. The website included a feedback section in which there were multiple choice questions that could help us see if what we were doing was effective. 

My group members and I worked very well together. We were able to communicate our ideas and listen to each other. Everyone’s ideas were put into the final product, and we all were able to talk about the things we didn’t believed work with out arguing like most group members do when it comes to working on a benchmark. At first we had a bit of difficulty figuring out what was best for this project but once we had an outline it all came together and worked perfect. We all seemed to agree a lot on what we wanted for this project which is what made it flow so easily. After we decided what to do we got straight to putting it into action. I recorded and edited in 3 days and by sunday night the PSA was posted on youtube, and by Monday my other group members had the website and the Facebook done. This gave us the ability to have more people view our PSA and tell us what they thought. 

I’m very proud of what my group and I were able to accomplish. After completing this project I realized that I’m capable of doing much more than what I give myself credit for.