Protecting Civil Liberties - Ian McClendon/ Kern Clark/ Blase Biello

http://scienceleadership.org/blog/Protecting_Civil_Liberties_in_the_Digital_Age_Documentary_-_Biello-McClendon-Clarke

With my group Blase, Kern, and I we chose Protecting Civil Liberties in Schools because in our school particularly surrounded by technology this is an important issue. So we set out to get the thoughts of our classmates to understand the views of their own privacy. I enjoyed creating this project because since the issue is about unrestricted searches through their phones, devices, and even computers. So forth these liberties put upon students growing up with new technology are unaware of how much privacy they actually have. The most challenging was how to separate our essential questions about the privacy in and out of school. Also since we weren't sure of how much power the school district had in conducting a case. Another aspect that we could improve was to get more information about actual cases of students privacy being violated and whom in command pursues the information in a case.