Q3 Art Work Creighton,Tyler

The N Section

In the N section I was working on the drawings of cartoons. But it wasn’t just a 2D drawing.I was asked to focus and apply my skills in order to make a 3D drawing. The focus was to make these cartoons look real. This collection brought together a collection of shading methods and drawing techniques with a focus on creating the illusion of third dimension.In these drawings I was taken step by step through the process of drawing characters with facial forms, textured hair, feathers,3D eyes,hairstyles, animals and proportions. I’ve done this by drawing outlines of figures with neat lines, shading, sketching shapes and forms,grids and by making multiple illustrations. In order to create these shapes I needed to sketch cylinders, spheres, curves,triangles and shadows of those shapes. The skills that would be presented will show the steps I’ve made to improve my art from beginner level to intermediate.The hardest part of creating these drawings would have to be shading. The reason I say this, is because you have to focus on shading light and dark areas, crosshatching and hatching which is the focus of a line drawings shadow.

I feel that this section of art expresses the character of cartoon drawings. Seeing art in 3D form changes a persons view on the piece. It becomes more appealing to the eye. What makes this art unique, is the step one takes and how someone is able to draw shadows and figures in many different ways to get the same outlook or vision.

I did this section because instead of deciding to do four day art I decided to go with two day art. This gives myself more practice with different skills and helps me perfect certain things, that I may have been struggling with. The emotions that I am trying to convey in my work is to be able to look at my piece and smile or maybe even see something, something like a cartoon. What makes my art unique is that I take the time to make sure my drawing look like a professional artist. This art creates a very happy and enlightening tone.

When drawing, I use a couple of tools. For these drawings I used a pencil, eraser, charcoal, and a pen. With my pen , I outlined my figure that I was going to draw. Then proceeded to use my charcoal and charcoal to shade and finish my drawings. By outlining my drawings in pen, it added a 3-D effect to my drawings. What makes my drawings unique is how dark they are. This adds more of a heavier tone.

While doing these drawings, what has motivated me to create my art, would have to be the techniques these drawings require. I see these as challenges and in the end I feel like I’ve accomplished something. When looking at my art I would like for people to understand that this is my first time drawing 3 dimensional drawings. I would like the viewer to put on artistic glasses and see everything as a piece of work that could possibly have a story about it or where it has came from. Maybe see my work as a beginner/intermediate level drawing and picture the tone in the drawing and maybe how dark the drawings are. Does it paint a picture of the characters emotions? Or does my work leave you feel like you don’t know what it is? When I look at my final work I see exactly what it is supposed to be seen. But depending on how neat or how dark the characters have been drawn, I think about maybe what the cartoon is thinking, or maybe what cartoon this character could be placed in. I enjoyed this section.

O section

In this section I am working on exaggerating facial features of certain characters.When exaggerating certain features, this dims the light on less attractive features. The goal from this section is to enhance my ability to provide diversity in shading methods and drawing techniques.As I went through each drawing, I was able to work on drawing different facial expressions. But these weren’t expressions we use everyday, such as happy, sad and mad. These were expressions like gentle, mischievous,quiet. When using these terms , you wouldn’t think this is what you people are saying to explain peoples expressions. This usually explains people personalities. But what this section does is highlight things that people do not usually see when looking at someone.

In my art I had to focus on trying to texture my drawings.The skills and techniques used to do these drawings are graduated shading techniques, squirkling, which is drawing and shading rounded lines, hatching and crosshatching. What this did is help define three-dimensional forms and great texture to hair and face. Other skills used to create these characters includes usings a grid to help sketch accurate proportions and identifying and rendering values according to a dominant light source. The goal of this  section is to draw the face of a person as a cartoon that could be transformed into a puppet, doll, or stuffed toy. When viewers look at these drawings, I would like for them to see the emotions of these characters and I would like for them to look at how these different techniques were used and where in the drawing they were used.

P and Q section

From all of the assignments that we have had during this art course, to me I thought that this particular assignment was more on an intermediate level. I was working on making places and things. The one thing that I have learned about doing this assignment was using skills like visual interpretation, a creative imagination and great hand coordination for drawing. From my past experiences with the different assignments the teacher has provided me, it seemed as if the other assignments that we’ve previously had was much more difficult than the assignments that I have had in the past. Assignments such as simply drawing a room. The challenges that I faced during this course would have to be illustrating while retaining patience.Although it was very difficult in the beginning I had to identify the exact things I needed to work on and try to practice the skills on my own. With full practice and dedication I would have to say that as of right now I have mastered what it takes to illustrate. If it had not been for the dedication and support I would not have become the student I am today in the class. Therefore it is with great pleasure to have had the opportunity to participate as a student in this class. In the near future I plan to excersise my artistic abilities further and I hope to teach others what I can do as an artist.

R Section

In this section I will be focusing on color basics. The tools I will be using in this section is colored pencils and oil paints, paint brushes and paint.I will be practicing making colors from their primary color. There are warm and cool colors, I am using the color wheel to explore these colors and see where they fit on this wheel.This section will enhance my painting experiences What makes this artwork unique from others is the certain way the strokes of paint are formed. Another thing that will make this unique is the colors in the painting.I like to add lots of color to my paintings, I do this to portray more life in my work. I would like for people to understand that while looking at this art I want them to see a solid foundation of various aspects. Remember to view this art through the lens of color and understand the intricacies of color.When doing this art, I was able to discover many different basic information about paint brushes that I did not know before.Such as how hard you should stroke the brush to add different texture and which way you should stroke the brush to form a perfect color or form.  

S Section

In this project I am using color pencils to draw objects. I’ve chosen to use color pencils because they help to create such subtle illustrations and they bring 0ut the bold colors making it more appealing to the audience. The basic skills that this assignment covers are, shading, overlapping colors and burnishing. These are the three basic skills one must incorporate in color theory.With only four colored pencils and a fine-tip marker, I used these materials to demonstrate skills of dry-mixing colors.I dry-mixed these colors to portray a soft delicate drawings such as portraits, flowers and zany cartoons. What makes this art unique is the beautiful delicate patterns. It’s almost like layering the paper. the surface or the first layer is the outline or color and the second is shaded with color pencils to enhance the color and texture. When looking at my art I hope the viewers see the levels of shading and how the pattern defines the cartoons and how I applied my basic skills and technique.  

T Section and U Section

This is more of an advanced level of art. In this section I was working on expanding my drawing and measurable skills.Because we were so far along in our art, it seems as if this work was made for students that already have good technical skills.I wanted these drawings to look very realistic, and photorealistic. It was not very easy drawing  insects, birds, and mammals. It was a very fine technique I had to apply to this. But by rending the illusion of fur, eyes and other features, it became easy. The challenges I had in this section would have to be making everything on animals look realistic and animals forms exactly proportioned, while still being able to make various shapes and characteristics. By outlining shapes, it defines the shapes a bit more. Then by adding a shadow to so, can make a structure of a face or neck look stronger or stand out more.I really enjoyed this section, simply because I love animals and I have a certain passion for them.

The way I completed these drawings are by doing three simple steps. First outline the proportions and shapes, and finally use hatching to define the three dimensional forms and textures. I used many patterns and focused on capturing shadows, I’ve done this so the viewers will be able to identify the animal. This is a very heavily illustrated section.  In this section I would like for the viewers to see how the animals faces look like animations. I would like for them to look at the patterns and be able to identify the animals.I would also like for the viewer to look at how I faded out a drawing by graduating the shading to white around the lower sections of my work.I most importantly would like for my peers to be able to look at my drawing for reference possibly and follow my drawing, and maybe will be able to break down the process, set up a grid and use their own photo for theirs to look just the same as mine.